Eclipta Alba Hassk
English Name :- Eclipta Alba Hassk
Botanical Name :- Eclipta alba
Family :- ASTERACEAE
Parts - Used:- Whole plant, Leaves, Seeds and Roots
Habit :- A small annual and procumbent & Coarse herb, prostrating, Flowers white in Capitulum inflorescence.
Taste :- Bitter/ Astringent
Chemical Constituents :- Plant contains: Glucosides – Phytosterol - A Beta- Amyrin, Wedelolactone, Luteoline, Triterpenic acid, Fatty acids, Palmitic acid, Stearic acid, Oleic acid, Linolic acid, Nicotine, Ampliptene alkaloid, Ecliptine and Resin
Jaundice, Ulcer, Wounds, Healing of fracture, Anti- leprotic, Cancer, Chronic, Fever, Elephantitis, Leucoderma, Blackening of hairs, Useful in digestion, Liver troubles, Anaemia, Cough, Asthma.
- This herb is a magical hair tonic, rejuvenates hair, prevents hair fall, baldness, dandruff and premature graying.
- It works to rejuvenate kidneys and liver and promotes deep sleep.
- It powder is used for treating hepatitis, enlarged spleen and skin disorders.
- It relieves burning urine sensation and relieves headache.
- It is used to prevent repeated miscarriage, abortion and relieves post delivery uterine pain.
- The leaves of this herb are used to reduce uterine bleeding.
- The extract of this leaves mixed with honey and given to infants expels worms and cures urinary tract infections.
- It provides relief in piles.
- It oil is anti-aging and rejuvenating and acts as a general tonic for the body.
- It is extensively used for treating skin diseases and eye infection.
- It is anti-inflammatory and used for treating hyper acidity joint pains and arthritis.
- It cures liver disorders such as cirrhosis, hepatitis, jaundice, anemia and enlarged spleen. It being cleansing and detoxifying has a positive influence on skin health.
- It is effective for the cure of insomnia and enhances memory, vision and hearing.
- It is useful in removing stress anxiety tension, headache and migraine.
- It makes the skin healthy and glowing and treats, eczema, athletes food and cracked heels, insects bites and sting.
- It regulates LDL& HDL cholesterol levels, reduces blood glucose and blood pressure.
A word of caution
Information on the traditional uses and properties of herbs provided on the site is for educational use only, and is not intended as medical advice. Every attempt has been made for accuracy but none is guaranteed. Many traditional uses and properties of this herb have not been validated by the FDA. If you have any serious health concern you should consult with your health care practitioner before self administering this herb