Indian Bedellium tree
English Name :- Indian Bedellium tree
Botanical Name :- Commiphora mukul
Family :- BURSERACEAE.
Parts - Used:- Gum-Resin
Habit :- A small tree with spine scent branches. Leaves are glabrous; Fruits are fleshy & globular.
Taste :- Bitter.
Chemical Constituents :- Gum resin Contains: Sesamin, Steroids, Essential oil; Guggul sterol, Gugguls steron, Myrcene, Dimercene, Polymercene and sugars, Flowers contain: Myrcyalcohol, Beta-sito sterol, Amino acids, Sugars, alpha-camphorene, Cembrene, Allylsembrol, Flavonoids and Ellagic acid. Seed oil: Linoleic acid, Oleic acid, Palmitic acid, Stearic acid.
Emmenagogue, Arthritis, Leprosy, Impotency, Liver disorders, Hemiplagia, Thyroid to enriched protein in blood sterility.
- It possesses strong disinfecting properties and is a weight losing and fat burning agent.
- It lowers elevated serums cholesterol and maintains the HDL to LDL ratio.
- It increases white blood cells count and reduces the risk of coronary arteries diseases.
- It is used to cure medoroba a disease similar to the modern atherosclerosis.
- This herb is used as an anti inflammatory and pain relieving agent.
- It is useful in removing arthritic and joint pain.
- It is widely used in curing rheumatoid, arthritis, gout, ohteoarthritis, sciatica, paralysis, hemiplegia, lymphadenopathy etc.
- It is a good blood purifier and widely used in curing skin diseases.
- It promotes the production of RBC’s and improves the action of WBC’s.
- It helps in improving digestive system, increases the secretion of digestive juices, works as an appetizer, removes indigestion and constipation.
- This herb is beneficial in hemorrhoids, colitis and relieves from hyper acidity.
- Regular use of guggul helps in improving sexual ability, sperm count and sperm quality.
- It helps in curing leprosy and eczema and its extract helps in fighting tumors.
- This herb is useful in menstrual disturbances and painful menses.
A word of caution
Guggul extract can cause side effects like headache, nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain and skin irritation. Thyroid patients should consult the doctor before using it.
Information on the traditional uses and properties of herbs provided on the site is for educational use only, and is not intended as medical advice. Every attempt has been made for accuracy but none is guaranteed. Many traditional uses and properties of this herb have not been validated by the FDA. If you have any serious health concern you should consult with your health care practitioner before self administering this herb.